Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Children poem-LONE DOG

                       POEM


                LONE DOG















I am a lean dog, a keen dog,
A wild dog, and lone;
I’m a rough dog, a tough dog,
Hunting on my own;
I’m a bad dog, a mad dog,
Teasing silly sheep;
I love to sit and bay the moon
To keep fat souls from sleep.


                                    - Irene R. McLeod



EXERCISES

I. Answer each of the following questions n a sentence or two:

1. What is the poem about?
2. What does the dog look like?
3. What are the qualities of the dog?
4. What is the connection between the dog barking at the moon and fat dogs keeping awake?

II. 1. Fill in the blanks with suitable words or phrases from the poem.

Qualities                                     Actions

Rough and tough

                                                   Teasing

Likes most 


2. Write down the words from the poem in the respective columns which have the same sound as underlined in the word given.

Lean              Rough                     Bad                Lone

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts