Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

- Rabindranath Tagore'poem- “GIVE ME THE STRENGTH”

POEM

“GIVE ME THE STRENGTH”

This is my prayer to thee, my lord -
strike, strike at the root of penury in my heart.
Give me the strength lightly to bear
my joys and sorrows.
Give me the strength to make my love
fruitful in service.
Give me the strength never to disown the poor or
bend my knees before insolent might.
Give me the strength to raise my mind
high above daily trifles.
And give me the strength to surrender
my strength to thy will with love.

                              - by Rabindranath Tagore

Answer the following questions.

1. What does the poet pray for?
2. What does ‘penury in my heart’ mean?
3. How should love be expressed?
4. What should be our attitude towards the poor?
5. Give some examples of daily trifles.
6. How should we face insolent might?
7. How should we react to the minor irritants of daily life?
8. Is surrender to the Lord made out of fear?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts